Sectors: Co-op & Development, Energy, Environment, Local development, Research, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to India’s sustainable and inclusive development objectives by increasing the use of green energy sources, energy efficiency and clean technologies, based on the experience of both India and the EU.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support Government of India’s efforts, at central and local levels, in promoting and implementing energy efficiency, clean development approaches and green energy sources, technologies and solutions, and its take-up by public and private sectors, to facilitate the sustainable development of cities in India
– Energy efficiency
– Renewable energy and clean technologies such as waste-to-energy in the following sectors: municipal services, Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs) and commercial and residential buildings
Among financed actions
– Low-Carbon Local Action Plans to integrate priorities of the National Action Plan for Climate Change, adopted by India in 2008, into local development plans
– Capacity building of local authorities, SMEs and industries, professionals and universities /vocational training centres
– Activities to implement clean technologies and resource efficiency solutions within the public, residential and private sector
– Activities to support local stakeholders to explore new financing instruments for energy efficiency, adoption of clean technologies and renewable energy investments
– Establishment of twinning partnerships between India and European municipalities, in areas like energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean technologies