Sectors: Co-op & Development, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of the EU JULE is to strengthen the rule of law in Viet Nam through a more reliable, trusted and better accessed justice system.
Priorities and funded actions:
– The objective of this call for proposals is to award a unique grant for the establishment and management of the “Justice Initiatives Facilitation Fund” under EU JULE (EU JULE JIFF) to a single grantee who will become the JIFF Secretariat.
– Sub-granting is the main purpose of this unique grant as the JIFF is a basket fund to support civil society initiatives through small grants towards the achievement of all four EU JULE key results.
– Result 1: Increased public awareness and understanding of rights and how to invoke those rights.
– Result 2: Increased access to legal advice, assistance and representation in both civil and criminal matters.
– Result 3: Improved enabling legislative and regulatory framework for legal empowerment and access to justice.
– Result 4: Enhanced integrity and transparency in the justice sector.
Among financed actions
– Civil society interventions targeting vulnerable groups with particular awareness raising needs including women, children, ethnic minorities and poor people.
– Civil society initiatives to provide legal advice, assistance and representation for vulnerable groups and, in particular, for women, children, ethnic minorities and poor people.
– Support for civil society organisations to constructively engage with policy makers on issues pertaining to legal empowerment and access to justice based on demand driven research.
– Support the media and civil society organisations to research and report on corruption and malpractice in the justice sector.
– Support to civil society actors to develop and implement projects to enhance integrity and transparency in the justice sector.