Sectors: Local development
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia : Islamic Republic of Iran
EEA countries : Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to enhance Iranian CSOs’ contributions to governance and development processes, as mentioned in the Multi-Annual Indicative Programme 2014-2020 for the ‘Civil Society Organisations and Local Authorities’ Thematic Programme.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthening CSOs actors in governance and accountability.
– Strengthening CSOs as partners in promoting social development.
– Strengthening CSOs as stakeholders in promoting inclusive and sustainable growth.
– economic development / livelihood improvement;
– health (incl. reproductive health & fights against sexually transmitted diseases);
– drug prevention and addiction;,
– education (incl. vocational training),
– environment / climate change,
– community development,
– refugees, IDPs & migration.
Among financed actions
– promoting improved democratic governance, accountability at country level and with public and local authorities such as independent budget analysis, expenditure tracking, monitoring the implementation of policies and laws, anticorruption initiatives,
– Supporting CSOs’ actions in enhancing social development by improving populations’ access to (and benefit from) social services.
– Supporting CS0 actions aimed at promoting inclusive and sustainable development and growth such as: Stimulating policy innovation and improving responsiveness of economic policies to populations’ needs, through advocacy and participation to policy dialogue in relevant sectors.