Sectors: Local development
Beneficiaries: Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Economic Area
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EEA countries : Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein
Asia : Pakistan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enhance CSOs’ and LAs’ contributions to governance and development processes in Pakistan.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support Pakistani CSOs to effectively contribute to local governance and accountability, and development processes at sub-national and local levels, and in support of actions for enhanced social cohesion and social development through citizen empowerment
– To strengthen Pakistani local governments enabling them to effectively perform their roles as actors of local governance and development through a territorial, multi-stakeholder approach
– Promotion of more participative, accountable, responsive and inclusive governmental development planning, budgeting, and implementation processes at local, sub-national, and national levels
– Enhanced local governments-led engagement with CSOs and communities for effective and pro-poor development planning, budgeting, and service delivery
Among financed actions
– Enhance accountability and transparency of local governments towards local communities and constituencies as well as various levels of government;
– Establish mechanisms to engage local governments in dialogue with sub-national and national authorities, citizens and other relevant stakeholders (multi-level governance approach), with emphasis on transparent decision-making at local levels;
– Enhance capacity of local governments (in line with their mandate) to effectively plan and deliver public services, notably social services, and to take measures to promote inclusive and sustainable growth;