Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independant states: Armenia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to promote an inclusive and empowered society in Armenia, through facilitating civil society and local authorities’ participation in poverty reduction and sustainable development process and strengthening and promoting Armenian civil society organisations’ role in reforms and democratic changes taking place in the country through increased participation in the fulfilment of Neighbourhood Policy objectives.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call for proposals is divided into 3 lots
– Lot 1: Non-State Actors in Development (400 000 euro)
– Lot 2: Local Authorities in Development (230 000 euro)
– Lot 3: Neighborhood Civil Society Facility (400 000 euro)
Lots 1 and 2:
– To contribute to poverty alleviation in the regions of Armenia through addressing administrative, social, economic problems in close collaboration and active participation of local authorities, as well as civil society and citizens in general
– To enhance participatory democracy in Armenia by enabling local authorities to increase public participation in decision making and to promote the gains towards public policy making processes at any level
– To promote democratic processes in the area of local self-governance through raising level of transparency of local self-governance bodies
– To promote improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of services delivered by LAs
– To enhance the role and capacities of civil society actors in promoting and monitoring reforms and increasing public accountability in the EU-Armenia ENP Action Plan policy areas
– To support the establishment and/or enhancement of mechanisms for CSOs engagement in policy dialogue and formulation, as well as increase interaction between civil society and authorities at the national level so as to contribute to improving transparency and quality of public policy and implementation of sector strategies in the mentioned ENP Action Plan policy areas
– To strengthen the capacity of the CSOs groups and networks to monitor and analyze the public budget and to use results of this work to contribute to advocacy that will have a positive impact on the lives of citizens, particularly the poor and vulnerable
Among financed actions
– Actions directed to poverty alleviation
– Organisation of multi-stakeholder dialogues
– Opinion surveys and analytical papers
– Organisation of conferences, workshops and seminars
– Advocacy activities based on evidence
– Studies, research, publications