Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Environment, Health, Human Rights, Information, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the capacity of NSA/LA at both advocacy and operational level and to increase their involvement in the decision-making process and operational policies of poverty reduction and sustainable development in Gabon.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the advocacy capacity of NSAs so that they represent a real support in the design of development programs
– To strengthen the operational capacity of NSAs and LAs in the field of governance, strategic planning, resource mobilization and administration (including transparency and accountability) and formulation, management, monitoring and evaluation of projects
– To support the NSA specialized in the fields of Human Rights, Gender and Minority and vulnerable groups
– Promoting better governance and improving access to socio-economic services
– Fight against the crimes preceded or followed by removal of organs
– Fight against homophobia
– Prevention of early pregnancies and economic and social integration of young mothers
– Economic and social integration of people with handicap
– Economic and social integration of the indigenous Gabon traditional communities, such as the Pygmy people
– Environmental Issues
– Raising awareness on HIV-AIDS
This call is subdivided into several lots
– Lot 1 (reserved for NSA): Actions of sustainable local development
– Lot 2 (reserved for NSA): Capacity building and advocacy in support of initiatives in the areas of Human Rights, Gender, Minorities and vulnerable groups in Gabon
– Lot 3 (reserved for AL): Strengthening mechanisms for consultation and management at the local level which has the effect of promoting better governance and improving access to social services for the most vulnerable populations
Among financed actions
– Actions for the creation or improvement of socio- economic services (must be strengthened or developed in cooperation with local stakeholders)
– Actions for the creation or improvement of productive and economic activities that generate income
– Promoting dialogue with governments at various levels in the areas of governance, accountability, but also on more technical and sectoral areas
– Advocacy and awareness actions to change behavior in the Gabonese society to fight against prejudice in these areas
– Advocacy and awareness actions to identify gaps in these areas and to mobilize the commitment of the authorities and civil society to make improvements
– Action to support the social and economic integration of the affected populations
– Actions to intensify interactions between state and non-state actors in different contexts, including the NSA participation in policy dialogue with government
– Strengthening community-level efforts around priority matters such as access to social services (water, education, etc.)
– Promotion or creation of North-South or South-South decentralized cooperation networking to strengthen local communities capacities
– Implementation by local actors of innovative initiatives such as the adoption of the tool “participatory budget” by cities for the improvement of local governance
– Establishment or updating of local development plans or other media development planning of local authorities taking into account and with special activities for the most vulnerable groups