Sectors: Co-op & Development, Employment, Environment, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Carribean-Pacific: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support CSOs’ contributions to and increase their participation in inclusive national development and policy making, promote accountability, and to ensure that people are able to benefit from quality social services in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the contribution of Eastern Caribbean CSOs in one or more of the priority areas
– CSOs as actors of governance and accountability
– CSOs as partners in promoting social development
– CSOs as key stakeholders in promoting inclusive, equitable and sustainable growth
Among financed actions
– Advocacy campaigns ; promotion of legislative reform ; budget analysis
– Testing of policy innovations and best practices ; contribution to policy work and dialogue
– Economic empowerment of disenfranchised populations and out-of-mainstream segments of society ;
supporting social-economic initiatives aimed at wealth and job creation
– Participation in multi-actor partnerships, research and knowledge dissemination networking and structuring of networks