Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Youth
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Regions: Asia, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – Pakistan Country allocation – 2020
Funds for: strengtening civil society in addressing social and econonomic challenges and increasing the voice of youth in Pakistan following the covid-19 outbreak
Priorities and funded actions:
* To strengthen CSOs’ capacities and engagement in mobilising communities towards mitigating the social and economic effects of the COVID-19 outbreak;
* To strengthen CSOs’ capacities and engagement on youth inclusion
* Capacity building is integrated in the outputs of both specific objectives and must be targeted in a cross-cutting manner, aiming at strengthening the capacity of CSOs at different levels;
* To include activities that promote the creation of space for exchange and networking to further facilitate the mainstreaming of civil society in all relevant aspects of policy dialogue
Among financed actions
* Training for the staff/skills development. Academic institutions could be given a role in the implementation, for example, in capacity building activities by developing curricula etc.;
* Development of systems to enhance the operational capacity of CSOs, including also M&E, reporting, risk assessments, Do No Harm and Conflict Sensitive Programming, ICT. Digitisation could be considered as a cross-cutting theme in implementation;
* Mentoring and strategic guidance around the development and implementation of internal governance and self-regulation, transparency and accountability (i.e. transparent management, governance systems, etc);
* Improved capacity of engagement with and outreach to media, government and general public, aiming at communicating and raising awareness on CSOs roles and contribution to Pakistan development
* This call is a closed call for proposal. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 42 and 48 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a Civil Society Organisation or associations of CSOs;
– Be established in Pakistan or a Member State of the European Union or in a Member State of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) not acting as intermediary