Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of the present call for proposals is to enhance the participation of citizens to democratic and electoral processes, including the promotion of transparency.
Priorities and funded actions:
LOT 1: Enhance the participation of citizens to electoral processes, in particular the general elections of 2018.
LOT 2: Improve the transparency and accountability through the promotion of the Access to public information Law.
– Enhance the knowledge of citizens on the democratic cycle and electoral processes;
– Improve the access of citizens to information on the candidates and their political proposals;
– Promote informed voting and citizen participation, in particular for women, young people, and vulnerable groups (indigenous people, people suffering from handicap);
– Promote the active participation of civil society to the public debate in order to bring about a reform of the electoral system;
– Strengthen internal democracy and transparency of political parties, promoting in particular the representation and participation of women, young people, and vulnerable groups;
– Influence the political and legal framework in order to guarantee the representation of women, young people and vulnerable groups in political parties and public charges.
– Enhance the transparency of public management and citizen access to public information;
– Influence the promotion of accountability mechanisms;
– Promote the implementation of the Access to Public Information Law
Among financed actions
– Civic education and educated vote, in particular for women, young people, indigenous people, and people with disabilities;
– Strengthen the skills development (ex. leadership training, legal and rights, etc.) in order to stimulate the emerging leadership, in particular of vulnerable groups;
– Political influence and lobbying to promote the inclusion and effective nomination of candidates from the most vulnerable groups;
– Information and dissemination campaigns on the Access to public information Law, in the capital (Asunción) and in the interior of the country;
– Production of information and communication material regarding the Access to public information Law;
– Political influence and lobbying on accountability.