Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Gulf countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is the strengthening of the agricultural and livestock productions, including livelihood opportunities and related value chains while at the same time tackling the roots causes of the past droughts, through an improvement of the water management and irrigation, in collaboration with local governance institutions when feasible.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Reinforcing agro-ecological systems and improving sustainable access to key agriculture inputs and services and natural resource management to allow people who depend on the sector to restore their livelihoods, in close collaboration with local governance structures;
– Addressing systemic risks (drought, climate change, land governance and others) to successfully emerge from the crisis
– To reinforce and recover agricultural assets;
– To restore livelihood systems;
– To build capacity of local governance structures