Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Local development
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – Promoting a Circular Economy and Local Development – 2020
Funds for: supporting actions that will promote a circular economy and local development
Priorities and funded actions:
* Promotion of a cleaner and healthier environment;
* The development of appropriate technology for the management of community waste to improve sanitation and generate income;
Amongst financed actions
* The creation of jobs and income earning opportunities for community groups, especially youth, women, persons with disability using innovative and entrepreneurial approaches for the reduction of household and community waste and the conservation of primary raw materials and energy and the creation of tree nurseries;
* The establishment of recreational centres for communities using old and discarded materials and products in an environmentally sustainable manner;
* Activities that will contribute to the drastic reduction of plastic waste materials at the coastal and inner cities through recycling and reuse and recovering;
* Activities that will promote good sanitation in high density and low-income areas through the efficient management of human and household waste. For example, the conversion of human excreta, animal and household waste in biogas for cooking and bio-fertilizer for gardening
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Duration of the action: between 24 and 48 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation of civil society;
– Be established in Ghana or a Member State of the European Union or countries eligible under the Financing Instrument for development cooperation for the period 2014-2020, Regulation (EU) No 233/2014 of the EP and the Council of 11 March 2014- OJL77/44 of 1.3.20145;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
* Actions must take place in Ghana