Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Local development, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Carribean-Pacific: countries of the Caribbean region
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the fight against poverty and social inequality in the region, improving environmental governance, watershed management, management of coastal areas in a way that contributes to the effective, sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute to a better management of watersheds and coastal areas by increasing the resilience of Latin America and the Caribbean to the consequences of climate change
– Enhance dialogue and cooperation on the management of watersheds and coastal areas in the context of climate change
– Mechanisms of technical and financial support for the management of watersheds and coastal areas
This call for proposals is divided into two lots
– LOT 1: Watersheds management (4 000 000 euro)
– LOT 2: Coastal areas management (3 000 000 euro)
Among financed actions
* LOT 1
– Assessment of the current situation and the main needs
– Recommendations and practices on financial mechanisms
– Implementation of pilot projects that take into account the technical, legal, institutional, economic and social background
* LOT 2
– Assessment of the current status of coastal management in Latin America and the Caribbean
– Assessment of impacts of climate change and other factors in the coastal areas of the region
– Implementation of pilot projects