Sectors: Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia : Kyrgyzstan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to assist in strengthening the respect of the Rule of Law in the Kyrgyz Republic by promoting transparency and accountability measures
Priorities and funded actions:
– to strengthen the civil society organisations’ and media’s capacity all over the Kyrgyz Republic
– effective participation in the decision making process and monitor the implementation of public policies across the country, at municipal, regional and national level.
– strengthening capacities of civil society organisations and media in establishing and keeping a continued dialogue and cooperation with state bodies, ministries, other government agencies, regional and municipal authorities
– strengthening capacities of civil society organisations and media in monitoring transparency and accountability of state, regional and municipal bodies, particularly as concerns public policies,use of public funds, approval and implementation of initiatives of public interest, definition and delivery of services to the population
– raising awareness among the population, particularly of people living in the countryside, away from regional centres, of the importance to strengthen accountability and transparency of public policies, thus promoting a culture of responsibility and civic engagement of the population.
Among financed actions
– Assessing and reviewing actual capacity and experience, knowledge and skills of civil society
– Strengthening the networking capacity of civil society organisations and media
– awareness raising campaigns and raising legal awareness
– Promoting a culture of inclusiveness and conflict prevention
– Promoting a culture of respect of human, social and economic rights
– Promoting a culture of fighting corruption