Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Environment, Innovation, Local development, Public Management, Services, Trade
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the reduction of poverty in rural communities by improving people’s livelihoods and food security, respecting the natural resource base.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute to the sustainability of water and natural resources management and protection in upper catchments of Zarafshon Watershed
– Improving integrated water and natural resources analysis, planning, management and protection at upper watershed level by local stakeholders and authorities aimed at sustainable biomass cycling and soil erosion control
– Increasing access to- and availability of improved water and sanitation services in targeted
– Identifying and resolving village level energy supply deficit problems through improved
energy efficiency practices and technologies and the adoption of renewable energy sources
– Promoting of improved agricultural techniques and practices, respectful of the natural
Among financed actions
– Selection of upper-catchments across the target Watershed and better understanding of natural resource use and development trends
– Strengthening and development of Community-based Organisations and local government for sustainable water and natural resources management and protection
– Preparation of integrated water, energy, land, forest and pasture development and management plans at community and upper-catchment levels