Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia : Kazakhstan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The call for proposals aims to strengthen the rule of law and the reform of the judiciary in Kazakhstan through supporting the implementation of the national policy of humanization of the justice system.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the protection of individual rights, in particular in the wider criminal justice system
– To foster integration towards European and internationally agreed standards
– To provide support to the reform of the penal process and of the procedure for enforcing judicial acts
– Make more effective the implementation of legal institutes, principles and procedures recently introduced or reformed as part of the humanisation process
– Enhance Qualifications and skills of legal professionals in reformed areas in a systematic and sustainable manner throughout the country
– Modernize sentencing rules and practices
Among financied activités
– Studies and research
– Strategic advice and consultancy services
– Standards setting
– Capacity Building
– Training, publications and broadcasts
– Seminars and conferences