Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objectives of this call for proposals is to enhance and strengthen the capacity of the Civil society, at federal and local level, to contribute to the improvement of the social cohesion in the country and particularly in the states of San luis Potosi and Oaxaca, through a reinforced and active role of the Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in the following, conception and monitoring of public policies and institutional practices, including the implementation of innovative pilot projects fostering social cohesion.
Priorities and funded actions:
LOT 1 :
– In all states of the Mexican Republic, strengthen the capacities of CSOs, their networks and citizens in order to enhance their active participation and contribution to the design, implementation and monitoring and social audit and/or accounting of institutional policies and practices in link with national public programmes.
LOT 2 :
– Develop and strengthen the capacities of CSOs and their networks, local communities and organisations in the states of San Luis Potosi and Oaxaca to enhance their active participation – at local level – to the design, implementation, monitoring and social audit of public policies and institutional practices at central and local level
LOT 1 :
– Multi-actor projects
– Pilot project implementation
LOT 2 :
– A gender-based approach on equal opportunities and rights
– Promotion of a citizen culture based on social justice and intra and inter-generational solidarity
– Improvement of the coordination between organisations.
Among financed actions
LOT 1 :
– Actions on Human rights and in particular, (1) economic, social and cultural rights, (2) protection and promotion of children and adolescents’ rights, (3) protection and promotion of migrant populations’ rights, particularly of women and isolated children, (4) the promotion of indigenous populations’ rights, and (5) the enforcement and monitoring of the United Nations’ directing principles on business and Human rights;
– Actions about the social prevention of violence and delinquance, including the challenges of an active exercise of citizenship;
– Actions about the challenges linked to the promotion of a fair access to justice, particularly juvenile justice with an integral protection approach.
LOT 2 :
– Actions about good governance including access to information and public policies on transparency and accountability;
– Actions in favour of a fair universal access to basic public services; particularly in the health and social protection sectors;
– Actions favouring access to formal and quality jobs, particularly in the juvenile sector in situations of vulnerability.