Sectors: Citizenship, Gender equality, Human Rights, Local development, Research, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Category: Call for Proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
WE funding – DCI – Strengthen…
Funds for: Strengthening CSOs capacity to engage with the Government
Main beneficiaries : CSOs
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Funds for: addressing the limited capacities and strengthening CSOs capacity to effectively engage with the Government of Samoa in policy dialogue, governance and social accountability
Main benificiaries : CSOs
Priorities and funded actions:
* To address the limited capacities and strengthen CSOs capacity to effectively engage with the Government of Samoa in policy dialogue, governance and social accountability;
* To enhance and strengthen CSO engagement with the Government of Samoa in the development and implementation of the National Development Strategy of Samoa
* Lot 1:
– To strengthen individual CSO’s capacity, particularly in terms of participation in government sectoral programs and public policy making, monitoring and evaluation of public service delivery, Government-CSOs engagement, access to information;
– To improve knowledge and use of conventional mechanisms of accountability;
– Allow the supporting of specific thematic advocacy and policy engagement oriented activities
* Lot 2:
– To address the relevant UPR’s recommendations through support to CSOs working with communities, village councils, government institutions and the National Human Rights Institution (NHRI) in order to challenge gender stereotyping, increase public awareness of existing legal rights, as well as protection offered to victims;
– To challenge gender stereotyping as well as informing victims of violence of their legal rights
Among financed actions
* Lot 1:
– Research-based advocacy, data collection and analysis; organizational learning and training; mentoring and knowledge sharing with stakeholders
– Contribution, engagement and participating on the process of national policy planning, policy-making and development, policy process, policy analysis and monitoring and oversight mechanisms;
– Engagement with Government, local authorities, stakeholders and national agencies on thematic advocacy;
– Actions promoting engagement with current/emerging issues of national importance
* Lot 2:
– Activities increasing public awareness on the Family Safety Act, Family Court Bill, legal rights and protection provisions offered to victims;
– Educating communities, villages, village councils, and government institutions on activities challenging gender stereotyping, domestic or gender-based violence;
– Awareness-raising and educational activities that aim to ‘change’ attitudes and mindsets which result in the stereotyping of the role of women, the behaviours that legitimise violence against women, and the culture of silence and impunity in Samoan society;
– Economic empowerment activities and actions promoting the rights of women and girls to address gender based violence in families, communities and the general public
* This call is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: may not be lower than 12 months nor exceed 24 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation
– Be established in Samoa or, in the case of a Co-applicant, in one of the countries listed in Appendix 1
– The lead applicant in all cases must be legally established in Samoa.
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entities
* Actions must take place in Samoa