Sectors: Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the rule of law and the reform of the judiciary in Kazakhstan through supporting the implementation of the national policy of humanization of the justice system.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the protection of individual rights, in particular in the wider criminal justice system
– To foster its approximation towards European and internationally agreed standards, as such empowering of CSOs to improve access to justice for vulnerable groups
– To enhance capacities of CSOs to carry out studies, provide independent reporting, consultation and advice to judicial authorities, and raise public awareness
– To enhance capacities of CSOs to provide a wide range of services to and represent the legal interests of vulnerable social groups
– To strengthen coordination and networking among CSOs
Among financed actions
– Research and analysis
– Conduct of awareness campaigns
– Capacity building and training,
– Publication and dissemination
– Oorganisation of seminars and conferences, coordination and networking