Sectors: Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU Member States
* African country: Mozambique
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – Support to Mozambican civil society actors in conflict prevention, peace-building and crisis preparedness – Natural Resources and Conflict – 2020
Funds for: supporting civil society actors in Mozambique in their endeavors to prevent conflicts, respond to crises and build peace, related to natural resources
Priorities and funded actions:
* To strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations in Mozambique in addressing the conflict dynamics revolving around natural resources;
* To advance engagement and cooperation among civil society organisations, the private sector and national and provincial level public authorities to enhance land governance and management,
Amongst financed action
* Context-sensitive participatory research, awareness raising and advocacy activities;
* Capacity building and accompaniment of communities affected by natural resources related conflict and insecurity including due to mining and other extractive activities, to settle disputes and to demand better governance from their authorities, including security actors;
* Capacity building and accompaniment of private sector companies in their efforts to conflict-sensitise their activities and to build constructive relations with host communities;
* Inclusive mediation involving communities, economic actors, private companies, local and national authorities, traditional leaders and other relevant stakeholders including through follow-up monitoring and verification activities to enhance accountability and through support to the implementation of agreement provisions;
* Support to women and youth organisations’ engagement and networking on natural resources related issues;
* Initiatives aiming to engage local and national authorities in order to bring about policy changes and reforms on natural resources management, and to strengthen their capacities to take decisions in an inclusive manner
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a civil society actor constituted in accordance with the legislation in force in the applicant’s country of registration;
– Be established in Mozambique, or in a Member State of the European Union or other eligible country as indicated in regulation n°236/2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action1. However, where the lead applicant is not established in Mozambique, it must act with minimum one co-applicant established in Mozambique;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
* Action must take place in Mozambique with Cabo Delgado, Niassa, Tete, Sofala, Inhambane as priority provinces