Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Comission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to support the government of South Africa and specifically the Department of Higher Education and Training to strengthen the quality of teacher education for early childhood development (0-4 years), inclusive education and special needs teachers.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to support the development of quality teacher education programmes
– to support the development of quality teacher education materials
– to support partnerships to support work integrated learning strategies
– to develop quality teacher education programmes at levels 5, 6 and 7 of the National Qualifications Framework and appropriate teacher education materials through a collaborative partnership with higher education institutions
– to support the teacher education system in the training of teachers to implement the inclusive education policy
– to support emerging university-based centres focused on developing teachers that can address the specialized educational needs of children with profound visual, hearing and intellectual disabilities
Among financed actions
– Capacity building and training
– Development and implementation of system strengthening tools, mechanisms and methodologies
– Development and design of training curricula
– Production of training materials