Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Near and Middle East: Palestine
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
WE Funding – DCI – Enable…
Funds for: enabling CSO to play their legitimate role as advocates and watchdogs
Main beneficiaries: CSOs
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
Funds for: enabling Civil Society Organisations to play their legitimate role as advocates and watchdogs
Main beneficiaries: civil society organisations, local authorities
Priorities and funded actions:
* Enabling Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to play their legitimate role as advocates and watchdogs in Palestine;
* Supporting actions aimed at promoting and strengthening the enabling environment and space for CSOs;
* Supporting actions aimed at strengthening CSOs role in decision-making processes at the local level, increasing the role of CSOs as representatives of citizens;
* Supporting actions aimed at strengthening women’s CSOs capacities and engagement for participation in decision making
* To include Financial Support to third Parties, minimum two financial support to third parties which will allow reaching grassroots organisations, community based-organizations (CBOs) and marginalised communities
Among financed actions
* Awareness raising activities, empowerment;
* Elaboration of publications and of written and visual support material;
* Raising public awareness for rights-holders, especially the most marginalized and disadvantaged
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 48 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit making;
– Be: civil society organisations, including non-governmental organisations, community-based organisations, charitable society organisations, or private sector non-profit agencies, institutions, universities and organisations or public sector non-profit agencies, institutions, universities and organisations or networks thereof at local, national, level;
– Be established in Palestine at least 4 years before the launching date of this Call and officially registered with the competent Palestinian authorities
– The action must take place in Palestine (West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem), or in other countries (if duly justified by the nature of the action)