Sectors: Employment, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Corporations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU Member States
* Iceland and Norway in accordance with the EEA Agreement
* Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DG Employment – Incubators (business support organisations) for inclusive and social entrepreneurship – 2020
Funds for: boosting social innovation, help to create jobs, develop skills and give unemployed and vulnerable people an opportunity to fully participate in society and the economy
Priorities and funded actions:
* Mobilising existing network(s) of mainstream business incubators to expand their outreach to inclusive and social entrepreneurship;
* Achieving a geographically balanced coverage of countries (North, South, East, West of Europe)
* “Business incubators” mean support organisations of which the main purpose is to promote business creation and entrepreneurship by offering relevant services such as training, workshops, business coaching and mentoring, business advice, networking opportunities and financing for potential start-up companies and micro entrepreneurs. These bodies can support the start-up as well as the scale-up of businesses;
* “Network of business incubators” means an established network, which among its members includes organisations fulfilling the above definition of business incubator. Consequently the call is open also to networks which include multiple types of member organisations;
* “Social entrepreneurship/social enterprises” mean businesses, of which the primary objective is to achieve positive social impact. Consequently they are subject to profit distribution limits and participatory governance principles;
* “Inclusive entrepreneurship” is an approach to ensure that all people, regardless of their background, have an equal opportunity to start and run their own businesses. It focusses on target groups that are under-represented in entrepreneurship, or that face greater barriers to business creation and self-employment, e.g. women, migrants, youth and the unemployed
Among financed actions
* Gathering, production and diffusion of relevant information materials;
* Study visits and exchange of good practices;
* Training activities, webinars, seminars, conferences, etc;
* Developing business support services for inclusive and social entrepreneurs, including toolkits, templates, manuals and other support material;
* Actions aiming at creating and improving connections to stakeholders in inclusive and social entrepreneurship;
* Awareness and dissemination actions amongst the network’s members and towards the wider audience
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 24 months
– Be a public or private entity of any type;
– Be legally established in one of the EaSU participating countries;
– Be an established formal network of business incubators with its own legal personnality or representing an establihsed formal network;
– Be a consortium of several established networks, established in at least 14 EU member states
* The actions must take place in EU member states and EaSI participating countries