Sectors: Economy - Finances, Education - Training, Trade
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU member states
European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
Countries which are members of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DG GROW – EU support for joint market surveillance actions for non-food products – 2020
Funds for: joint actions to keep non-compliant products off the EU single market, support the implementation of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020 and support training needs in the field of market surveillance
Priorities and funded actions:
* To keep non-compliant products from the single market: to support authorities in EU countries in their market surveillance activities and in their compliance promotion activities;
* To support the application of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020: to support the preparatory work of market surveillance authorities necessary to ensure smooth, harmonious and timely application of Regulation (EU) 2019/1020;
* To increase skills and knowledge: to develop programmes meeting the training needs of market surveillance authorities’ staff
* Training needs in the following areas:
– ICSMS: how to use ICSMS (Information and Communication System on Market Surveillance), how to decide which data to input, how to correctly input data, how to perform analysis using the Kibana dashboard;
– E-commerce: how to implement best practices for e-commerce, how to better perform online investigations, how to enforce post-inspection corrective measures;
– Legislation: understand the relationship between ‘neighbouring’ legislation (e.g. RED/EMC, PED/TPED, TEXTILE/REACH)
Amongst financed actions
* Product market surveillance activities:
– Product compliance testing activities (including product sampling, product transport to laboratories and product analysis in case of technical testing);
– Activities to promote product compliance (e.g. raise awareness, provide guidance, as mentioned in article 9 of Regulation 2019/1020)
* Preparatory activities aimed at supporting the implementation of Regulation 2019/1020 on market surveillance and compliance of products:
– Meetings of one or several dedicated working groups (physical or virtual meetings, depending on COVID developments)
* Training programmes:
– Training material;
– Training events
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 24 months
– Be a non-profit organisation (private or public) or a public authoritie (national, regional or local);
– Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible:
> EU member states;
> European Free Trade Association (EFTA);
> Countries which are members of the European Economic Area (EEA)
– In order to be eligible, a proposal must be submitted by a consortium composed of legal entities from several Member States (minimum 3 Member States)