Sectors: Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to fund projects on the cooperation between public and private actors to identify sports betting risks.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To ensure the integrity of sport events in relation to sports betting
– To reduce corruption in relation to sports betting
– To prevent betting from being used for criminal purposes
Among financed actions
– Research from qualified sources (such as online and offline betting operators, gambling organisations, sports bodies, gambling regulators and law enforcement authorities) in order to determine the extent or modalities of organised crime infiltration in betting
– Development of risk indicators for organised crime infiltration in betting to be used at
both national and EU level
– Enhancement of information sharing and cooperation between private operators and
police forces and between law enforcement authorities of different Member States
– Warnings to all stakeholders about specific risks of match fixing by disclosing information in an appropriate and timely manner
– Support to competent authorities in undertaking investigations, where necessary, both within sport and in criminal circles
– Creation of working groups or round tables at national or international level to promote the exchange of views and best practices between stakeholders
– Establishment of mechanisms for anonymous reporting, possibly to national contact