Sectors: Information, Local development, New technologies, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Banks, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Investment Funds, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Public consultation
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This consultation aims to support a limited number of innovative local projects for deploying high speed broadband which can be later replicated across the European Union.
Priorities and funded actions:
All parties working at a local, regional and national level are invited to submit their concepts and plans for broadband deployment projects to the European Commission
Questions of the public consultation
– Socio-economic analysis and vision for a “Connected Community”
– Project vision
– Project description (if available) and potential Technical Assistance needs
– Financial structure proposed
– Expected socio-economic impact
The best concepts will receive the Commission’s “seal of approval”, and access to more in-depth support
Among types of support
– Individual feedback
– World Bank technical assistance to develop business models and advise on how your project can achieve the necessary scale to be eligible for private or public financing
– European Investment Bank (as part of its Connecting Europe Facility)
– Access to European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF)
– Access to State aid