Sectors: Co-op & Development, Employment, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Banks, Civil Society Organisations, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Investment Funds, Local and Regional authorities, Media and cultural organisations, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EASI – Competence centres for social innovation – 2020
Funds for: supporting actions to boost social innovation in response to social needs that are not met or only met insufficiently
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support the establishment, development and professionalism of organisations that do or can assume the function of a social innovation competence centre in an EU Member State
* Capacity building: to build capacities of key social innovation stakeholders, notably ESF Managing Authorities, funders and donors, intermediaries, social innovation initiatives and practitioners alike;
* Transnational transfer of knowledge know-how, and tools for the support to social innovation from ESF Managing Authorities, social innovation competence centres and social innovation stakeholders with a long-standing and deep experience, to organisations in Member States with a shorter and less developed or less comprehensive experience and competence in this field;
* Creation of synergies: to create further synergies between the EaSI Programme and the ESF, especially in view of designing, supporting, monitoring and mainstreaming innovative actions that could be extended, enlarged and/or replicated using ESF+ funding in subsequent years;
* Networking: to network and cooperate with other selected competence centres, using mutual learning as well as by jointly developing, assessing, and optimising suitable tools and methods, and collecting and disseminating inspiring examples, models and practices
Amongst financed actions
* Drawing a comprehensive overview of the social innovation ecosystem synthesising the visions, needs, opportunities and priorities of relevant social innovation stakeholders and promoters, in order to produce a shared strategy and action plan for boosting social innovation in a Member State, including under the ESF+;
* Collecting, validating, mapping, and communicating suitable and successful tools and methods, approaches and models, practices and inspiring examples, through social media, web platforms, conferences and seminars;
* Organising awareness and inspirational actions for social innovation promoters;
* Providing guidance, coaching, mentoring and training in applying/ adapting suitable tools and methods and practices to social innovation promoters;
* Creating and facilitating (thematic) networks of social innovation promoters, academics and local bodies to speed up mutual learning and exchanging good practices;
* Facilitating and assisting the development of (new forms/new combinations) of community-led/citizen-controlled finance for pursuing social innovations;
* Continuously monitoring and assessing public support towards social innovation, and drafting recommendations for improving the responsiveness, effectiveness and governance of public policy towards social innovation;
* Providing guidance, coaching, mentoring and training to less experienced competence centres, and assist them in mutual learning and exchanging good practices;
* Sharing suitable and successful tools and methods, approaches and models, examples and practices and inspiring examples with other competence centres
* This call for proposal is an open call for proposal
* Initial duration of the action: 24 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be a member of a consortium including at least one Managing Authority of the European Social Fund or a public or private entity with an endorsement from the national Managing Authority
* Action must take place in the EU