Sectors: Economy - Finances, SME Policy, Trade
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EEA: Iceland and Norway
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the development of a social finance market by enabling more social enterprises to take on repayable finance for developing and scaling up their innovative business model.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Boosting the supply of social finance through institution and capacity building with committed actors
– Generating effective demand among social enterprises for social finance by developing their “investment readiness”
– Strand A: Establishment of social finance partnerships
– Strand B: Establishment of social finance instruments and mechanisms
– Strand C: Facilitating hybrid finance for social enterprises
– Strand D: Development of investment readiness support for social enterprises
– Strand E: Creation of a European level platform to reinforce the capacity of social
enterprise support organisations
Among financed actions
– Assessment of the potential demand (e.g. through a workshop with stakeholders and social enterprises)
– Identification and building commitment of potential investors and financial intermediaries
– Identification of suitable managers for the financial product envisaged
– Translations of legal documents in case proven models can be replicated or adapted to implement the action
– IT services in case the financial instrument uses web-tools or is based on a web platform
– Knowledge dissemination and know-how transfer from and to peers in other Member States (e.g. study visit, expert workshop, adaption of tools, procedures/contracts, etc.)
– Identification of potential donors and investors that are willing to invest in a hybrid finance package (including transnational transactions)
– Selection and assessment of investment ready social enterprises that could benefit from the hybrid finance deals
– Establishing a partnership for developing a fine-tuned system of advisory, mentoring and coaching services on social finance, including first points of contact for social enterprises
– Work of experts to prepare a long term work plan and business model for the platform
– Setting-up, testing and piloting activities in line with the platform’s long term work plan and business plan