Sectors: Co-op & Development, Culture - Media
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Media and cultural organisations, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for Proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
List of eligible countries : Click here
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDF – ACP EU Culture Support to the cultural and creative sectors ACP – 2020
Funds for: fostering the economic and social development of the ACP countries by stimulating the whole of the cultural and creative sector
Priorities and funded actions:
* To foster the economic and social development of the ACP countries by stimulating the whole of the cultural and creative sector
* Growth of the creative sector’s economic revenue;
* Creation of jobs linked to the cultural sector;
* Improved accessibility and recognition and commercial exploitation of artists and their work
Among financed actions
* Creating/producing high-quality goods and services, at competitive prices, and in increased quantities;
* Access to national, regional and international markets, circulation/dissemination/promotion of ACP goods and services;
* Visual literacy;
* Improving access to financing through innovative mechanisms that allow co-financing and aim to reduce ACP cultural operators’ dependency on international financing
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 40 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: a foundation, association, non-governmental organisation, public/private sector operator, local authority, higher education institution and university, international (intergovernmental) organisation (including the International Development Bank and regional financial institution);
– Have been established in one of the eligible countries listed in Annex L, for at least three years from the date of publication of the call for proposals;
– Demonstrate three years’ experience over the period 2015-2019 in awarding and monitoring the implementation of support funds, including in supporting third parties in the fields of culture and/or creative industries and/or social and human development, with the following specific features:
> They must have awarded third parties at least two grants meeting all the following criteria:
> The grants were implemented during the same year over the reference period (2015-2019);
> Each grant was implemented in an ACP country;
> The annual amount of grants awarded was at least €100,000 over the past three years (2017‑2019);
> This experience must be verifiable;
– Demonstrate an average annual turnover or annual revenue of at least €400,000 during the last three years (2017-2019)
– Actions must take place in ACP countries