Sectors: Humanitarian, Innovation
Beneficiaries: Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
For more informations (FR) about eligible countries: Click here
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDF – ACP Innovation Fund – 2019
Funds for: unlocking the inclusive innovation potential of ACP countries and support their transition into knowledge-based economies for sustainable development and poverty reduction
Priorities and funded actions:
* To contribute to a conducive and inclusive environment for Research and Innovation in ACP countries
* To increase access to digital literacy, knowledge and use of emerging technologies;
* To create or strengthen effective links between R&I skills development and labour market demand;
* To establish or enable synergies in the research and innovation ecosystem, including with the private sector, facilitate conditions for technology transfer; promote R&I uptake;
* To promote local and indigenous knowledge and its use in combination with formal knowledge systems and practices
Among financed actions
* Establishment of a mechanism to award and manage the financial support to third parties:
– Establishing a monitoring and evaluation system;
* Training and capacity building, peer assistance and/or mentoring of third parties, inter aliaon:
– Designing, implementing and evaluating quality research and innovation initiatives;
– Meeting needs of different target groups and final beneficiaries;
– Writing research and innovation project proposals and/or grant applications;
* Networking, exchange and dissemination of practices, experiences and results, and related policy advocacy:
– Shaping the research/innovation message for the relevant policy-making audience; selecting advocacy activities and communication tools;
– Contributing to the use of research evidence and innovation results by policymakers, practitioners and other relevant actors
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: maximum 48 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit making;
– Be established in an eligible country;
– Have experience in the management of research and innovation support funds
* Actions must take place in one or more ACP Member States belonging to the specific Lot for which the application is submitted