Sectors: Co-op & Development, Environment, Health, Information, Local development, Social Affairs, Transport
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Asia, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Northern America, Switzerland, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide: Mauritania, Australia, New-Zealand, aid recipients established by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the welfare of the local population of the road by improving the environmental and health impact of this road.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To develop ideas considering the benefits / risks of the road
– To implement projects in a coherent development frame
– To develop ideas considering the benefits / risks of public transport of persons and goods (overload, use of seatbelts, car maintenance, check tire condition, etc.)
The call is divided in 3 lots
– Lot 1: Reduce the number of road accidents, particularly for pedestrians (95 000 euro)
– Lot 2: Reduce the number of transmissions of HIV / AIDS and improve hygiene (95 000 euro)
– Lot 3: Integrate this road in the landscape and minimize its environmental impact (140 000 euro)
– Lot 1: Increase knowledge of the basics of highway code for local communities and participation in the formulation of interventions aimed to reduce speed
– Lot 2: Hygiene messages are spontaneously launched without taboos by entities and associations of local villages and by the most influential media
– Lot 3: Proposals to reduce the impact of traffic (reducing speed in urban areas, creating “plant screens” phonics, etc.) are initiated during the construction by village associations
Among financed actions
– Awareness raising (street theater, local film screenings, music concerts, etc..) through the usual framework of information transmission (usually oral)
– Actions enhancing vegetation along the road
– Information on good and bad practices
– Actions creating a network for small organizations