Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development
Beneficiaries: Corporations, SMEs
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa – Carribean – Pacific : Cameroon
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the sustainable development of the banana supply chain in Cameroon which brings economic growth by improving the country’s trade balance, by generating tax revenues and employment, thus contributing to poverty reduction as well as social and political stability in the historically sensitive regions of Mungo and Fako
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve the competitiveness of the banana supply chain in Cameroon
– Enhancing the economic sustainability through an increase in productivity
– Improving the working conditions
– Improving the environmental conditions of production
– Achieving economies of scale by doubling production in 10 years
– Developing transversal actions between operators
– Improving the market approach and commercial valuation
– Accompanying measures
Among financed actions
– Actions to secure environmental certifications: recycling, sanitary safety
– Actions intended to decrease the carbon footprint: carbone balance, wind turbine, solar panels
– Actions intended to decrease the use of phytosanitary products