Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Employment, Environment, Health, Humanitarian, Information, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to the implementation of the results of components 3 (CENTER) and 4 (EST) in the PASTOR regions (promoting a concerted and sustainable use of pastoral resources in Chad).
Priorities and funded actions:
– (Component 3 – PASTOR-CENTER): access to pastoral resources is secure and pastoral land management is innovative (Department of Fitri, Guéra region);
– (Component 4 – PASTOR-EAST): agro-pastoral resources are managed sustainably in the border areas of eastern Chad (Ennedi, Wadi Fira, Ouaddaï, Sila and Salamat)
– Improvement of the concerted management of agro-pastoral resources (consultations, development of transhumance corridors, pastoral water points);
– Innovations in the area of agriculture-livestock association in areas under demographic pressure
Among the actions financed
– Strengthen the capacities of the actors and regional animation of the pastoral development with the aim of communicating around the creation of a legal framework governing the livestock in a perspective of sustainable land management and resilience to climate change;
– Investing in the realization of concerted arrangements of pastoral hydraulics and mobility security