Sectors: Citizenship, Local development, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the consolidation of democratic governance and social cohesion in the Dominican Republic.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen local spaces for dialogue between civil society and local authorities for better participation and co-responsibility of civil society in the various phases of municipal management in planning, management, implementation and responsibility
– To encourage the creation of partnerships between organizations, including private sector associations
– Human resource management: process of professionalization of municipal public officials
– Financial management: municipal budget cycle
– Management of the city: performance of municipal services
Among financed actions
– Actions to strengthen the capacity of civil society organizations present in the 40 pilot municipalities
– Advocacy actions with the central government and local governments
– Actions of communication, education and visibility of the process of municipal reform
– Meetings, workshops, exchanges on three thematic priorities
– Production of reports and opinion articles on the process of implementation of the reform of municipal government