Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Research centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call aims to promote capacity building in Tanzanian institutions of higher education involved in the promotion of the petroleum industry.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the higher education system (including improving educational policies and curricula as well as capacities of teaching staff and facilities) so that it can respond to the needs of the petroleum industry (oil, gas, LNG, LPG and subsidiary sectors)
– To develop links between relevant European and Tanzanian institutions of higher education so as to provide skilled and qualified professionals ready to participate in the developing petroleum sectors
– To develop working partnerships between the oil and gas industry in Tanzania and Universities through University – Company programmes
– Programmes to improve the capacity of teaching staff in Tanzanian Universities and Institutes of Higher Education in the petroleum sector
– Programmes which can be sustainable over the long term
Among financed actions
– Exchange programmes of academics between Europe and Tanzania
– Development of relevant curricula (in liaison with the oil and gas industry and/or academic institutions)
– Activities to bring the Tanzanian partner academic standards up to the level of the European partner
– Linkages with industry, such as setting up (for example) short or long term work placements, internships or stagiaires for students
– Actions for the organisational and management aspects of setting up off campus centres of the European institution with the Tanzanian partner institution