Sectors: Environment, Local development
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance the contribution of biodiversity to sustainable economic development and sustainable livelihoods.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the design and implementation of initiatives and projects that promote the sustainable management of biodiversity as well as sustainable livelihoods in Comoros, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles, and Tanzania
– To promote adaptive management approaches, and approaches taking into account / adapted to local governance issues at community level
– To strengthen the capacities of local national actors (Non State Actors including the private sector, and communities) involved in the initiatives and projects presented
Among financed actions
– Protection/conservation of biodiversity resources (species and ecosystems)
– Best practices and sustainable use of biodiversity resources, including traditional knowledge, sharing benefits
– Control and eradication of alien and invasive species
– Valorisation of biodiversity resources, such as promoting ecotourism, diving
– Promotion income generation activities, as alternative livelihoods
– Strengthening capacities, & legal frameworks, including training, harmonisation, standardization, improvement of management skills
– Improving data collections and baseline knowledge