Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Local development
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP countries: Ivory Coast
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to improve the income of the rural areas through the revival of village production banana desserts and the creation of jobs in rural areas.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Creating blocks of modern type plantations in sites with suitable soil and climate conditions and favorable for growing high yielding banana dessert
– Creating settlements (housing, latrines kitchen and showers, electrification and environmental design) to house the workers who will work on village plantations
– Providing the OPAV the necessary inputs to the first year of production, and investment necessary equipment to function properly
– Establishing an economic, technical and commercial partnership with a banana plantation company
Among financed actions
– The plantation setting of blocks separate parcels, secure in terms of law of agricultural use and accessibility
– Selection and training of smallholders
– Payment of the production costs of the first year of production
– The establishment of a partnership managerial and marketing between export and industrial plantation smallholders / rural entrepreneurs