Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims at selecting six CSO Level 2 (CSO support) which could play a supporting and leadership role to grassroots organizations working in the six activity divisions identified by the programme (Aioun, Atar, Kaédi Boghé, Nouadhibou and Nouakchott) in order to promote their effective and efficient participation in local development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen at the level of the local government, the capacities of grassroots organizations, the civil society actors, in their areas of intervention, so that they can actively participate in the definition of public policies for the development of their communities
– To strengthen the technical and institutional capacities of grassroots organizations working in local authorities covered by the six divisions of the programme, around a 100 km radius of selected towns
– To support the strengthening and or the creation of consultation frameworks based organizations / CSOs and local authorities at Wilayas
– To finance in a cascade way by direct award, grants to small amounts for the realization of small projects concerning the development which will be proposed by grassroots organizations framed in each business division
– Participation of grassroots organizations as a source of proposals for consultation spaces and for the definition of public local policies and at the Wilayas level
– Encouragement of initiatives related to the development carried out by grassroots organizations and enhancement of their socio-economic empowerment
– Strengthening CSOs accompanying their technical and operational capabilities
This call for proposals is divided in 6 lots:
LOT 1 – Division of AÏOUN (Wilaya du Hod El Gharbi)
LOT 2 – Division of KAEDI (Wilaya du Gorgol)
LOT 3 – Division of BOGHE (Wilaya du Brakna)
LOT 4 – Division of NOUADHIBOU (Wilaya du Dakhlet Nouadhibou)
LOT 5 – Division of ATAR (Wilaya de l’Adrar)
LOT 6 – Division of NOUAKCHOTT (Wilaya de Nouakchott)
Among financed actions
– Strengthening the advocacy skills of pre-identified grassroots organizations in order for them to participate actively in discussions concerning the development of their municipalities
– Training of pre-identified grassroots organizations on project cycle management and the management of small grants
– Supporting pre-identified grassroots organizations in the formulation of small development projects related to their respective areas of operation ( local economy, including agriculture oasis, health and environment … )
– Technical and administrative support in the implementation of microprojects and in the management of funds given to grassroots organizations
– Animation of consultation meetings