Sectors: Culture - Media, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Kingdom of Lesotho
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDF – EU Support to civil society Lesotho – 2020
Funds for: contributing to the EU’s support of the governance sector in Lesotho, and more specifically related to the capacity building of CSO’s and their ability to influence policy, public participation and democratic governance
Priorities and funded actions:
* To promote human rights and support CSO’s as actors of governance and development
* Priority area 1: Ensure that security sector institutions act in compliance with the principles of human rights;
* Priority area 2: Ensure the right to freedom of speech and expression of people in institutions participating in decision making process, legislative and justice sector reforms
Among financed actions
* All types of capacity building activities including formal training, workshop, etc.;
* Advocacy activities at community and district level e.g. round table meetings between CSO’s and councillors, focus group discussions, community dialogues and forums, etc.;
* Advocacy and media activities such as newsletters, journals, information platforms which present issues raised from rural areas at national level;
* Development of formal coordination mechanisms with national government of relevance to local issues
* This call ofr proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 48 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 156 of the EU Financial Regulation;
– Be established in the Kingdom of Lesotho or in a country eligible as defined by the ACP-EC Partnership Agreement;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary;
– A lead applicant or co-applicant not established in the Kingdom of Lesotho or an international organisation must apply together with a lead applicant or co-applicant established in the Kingdom of Lesotho
* The action must take place in the Kingdom of Lesotho