Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Employment, Environment, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Innovation, Local development
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to increase the resilience to climate change of small holders in the Republic of Mauritius, thereby contributing to sustainable livelihoods.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase the capacity of vulnerable non-sugar small holders as well as other key stakeholders towards developing and sustaining climate smart agriculture in the Republic of Mauritius
– Actions located solely in Mauritius Island;
– Actions located solely in Rodrigues Island
Among financed actions
– Promote landscape approaches and watershed management;
– Improve soil and water conservation (e.g. rainwater harvesting);
– Develop sustainable/mixed farming practices for crop production (e.g. food crop village concept) to reduce vulnerability of farms and make minimal use of agrochemicals (sustainable intensification)