Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective is to contribute to improving people’s resilience to climate change and risks in Niger.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the capacity of national stakeholders at various levels to manage food and nutrition security and agricultural development more integrated, sustainable and resilient way
– Contributing to improving the capacity of communities to address issues and resilience to climate change within the framework of local management of natural and environmental resources, including land tenure issues
– Implementing community projects to improve the management of water, land, forest, access to rural energy
– Implementing structuring actions of food and nutrition security and agricultural production
– Implementing income-generating activities of community interest
Among financed actions
– Demonstration, promotion and intensification of water conservation management measures
– Support for participatory forest management with a focus on environmental and economic sustainability
– Diversification of production, market information
– The development of agroforestry
– Organization of visits on the ground, technical training or workshops, support to capacity of identification communities, coordination, planning and implementation of strategies or measures for adaptation to climate change