Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP : countries of ECOWAS
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support local and cross-border community dialogue/peace building initiatives and training that links local initiatives (specifically on women’s initiatives) through Civil Society Organisations to ECOWAS peace and security agenda.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase the engagement of the Civil Society Organisations in peace building initiatives that link local initiatives to ECOWAS activities in the areas of dialogue, mediation, facilitation and preventive diplomacy
– To support Civil Society Organisations’ initiatives in the fight against small arms proliferation (e.g. awareness raising, researches, advocacy activities) in any location with the ECOWAS space, EXCEPT where it would overlap with the ECOWAS-EU Small Arms Project implemented by UNDP in the following two clusters: Northern Niger-Mali and the Mano River Union.
– Support to community dialogue/peace building initiatives
– Fight against small arms proliferation (e.g. awareness raising, researches, advocacy activities)
Among financed activities
– Build the capacity of national Civil Society Organisations to be compliant with early warning mechanisms and disseminate best practices of and approaches to community dialogue and peace building
– Create civic education material on community dialogue and peace building for wider dissemination
– Create space for community dialogue and enable Civil Society Organisations to engage in community dialogue and peace building mechanisms set up at local and regional level
– Raise awareness on threats and crimes induced by the proliferation of small arms and light weapons (SALW)
– Reinforce and improve research and advocacy that support the fight against small arms proliferation