Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to the SAGCOT initiative in order to improve tha value chain of smallholders and to reduce rural poverty
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthen capacities of smallholder rice farmer associations or cooperatives on postharvest processes
– Improve smallholder innovative and sustainable farmers marketing systems and related capacities for market linkage
– Rehabilitate and provide postharvest facilities including storage, as well as promoting professional management
– Strengthen coordination, synergies and complementarities with on-going initiatives
– Support the opportunity of smallholder farmers in particular women and youth to become emergent farmers
– Enhance gender empowerment and control of women over assets and incomes
– Ensure synergies and complementarity with on-going government flagship initiatives and priorities of the District Agricultural Development Plans (DADPs)
Among financed actions
– Capacity building and training
– Market linkages