Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Employment, Industry, Local development, Public Management, SME Policy, Trade
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Worldwide: Least Developed Countries, as defined by the United Nations
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the sustainable improvement of the competitiveness, added value, and profitability of the African cotton sector, so as to optimize its impact on the income of the producers.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To identify, select and implement complementary actions to enhance the internal competitiveness and sustainability of African cotton sectors
– Improving internal competitiveness of African cotton sectors
– Increasing the value addition generated by the cotton sector
Among financed actions
– Accelerating the dissemination of good agricultural practices (GAP) creating the conditions for a production (cotton and food crops) which are both more intensive and sustainable (from economic, social/cultural and environmental perspectives)
– Exchanges on existing seeds of improved cotton varieties, adapted and with high yield and certified and reliable quality
– Improvement of the quality of cotton and promotion of this quality all along the value chain: from the producers to the consumers
– Local processing of the fibre (spinning, clothing, innovative product) and a better valorisation of cottonseed by-products (oil, cotton cake, innovative products…) in order to create longer-term and more local value addition (from economic, social and environmental perspectives)
– Actions to strengthen institutional links (public-private partnerships, inter-professional framework, research-extension/Agricultural Council, regional and national institutions, networks) in order to better guarantee the sustainability of the supports to the cotton sectors