Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Energy, Environment, Gender equality
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, International Organisation
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDF – Lusaka Transmission Distribution Rehabilitation Project (LTDRP) Low Voltage Distribution Network: Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support – 2020
Funds for: increasing access for at least 63,000 individual connections to households, public institutions and eligible micro small enterprises to affordable, reliable and modern energy in eight pre-selected high density low income townships in Lusaka, Zambia
Priorities and funded actions:
* To enable women benefitting from the subsidised electricity connections and those already connected to electricity services in the Lusaka Transmission Distribution Rehabilitation Project (LTDRP) target areas of Lusaka to have increased access to complementary services including credit facilities, business management and entrepreneurial skills training
* Priority 1: to facilitate gender inclusion by fostering women’s entrepreneurship with a focus on poor women and particularly vulnerable women (e.g. young mothers, physically challenged, socially marginalised etc.);
* Priority 2: to facilitate women’s economic empowerment, through increasing the number, diversity and resilience of women-headed businesses
Among financed actions:
* Activities targeted at fostering women’s entrepreneurship;
* Coordination, studies, training and mentoring of staff and/or users, awareness raising, information and communication activities related to above;
* Training and mentoring of women as entrepreneurs and strengthening financial literacy of women;
* Promoting local investment inter alia through development of local credit markets, and/or supporting access to microfinance, may also be considered
* This call is a restricted call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 36 months
– Be a legal person or and;
– Be non-profit making;
– Be a specific type of organisation including: i) an non-governmental organisation or; ii) a micro-finance institution or; iii) a financial institution or; iv) an international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 156 of the EU Financial Regulation and;
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union or in other countries eligible under the 11th European Development Fund (EDF). This obligation does not apply to international organisations;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary