Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Employment, Environment, Health, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is: to contribute to sustainable growth in the agricultural sector and reduce food insecurity and malnutrition to mitigate migration flows to Europe.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen women farmers and rural youth capacities in climate SMART agriculture comprising support to farmer learning and demo centres employing climate-sensitive approaches such as agro-ecology and eco-restoration;
– To offer women and youth smallholders better market access through development of value chain opportunities;
– To facilitate access to diversified and quality nutritious, traditional foods (moringa, sweet potatoes, pulses, fruits and vegetables and honey, etc) in vulnerable rural households
Among financed actions
– Studies, mapping and research on the local context, the project environment, the sector of intervention, identified needs and problems, expected results and impact;
-Policy dialogue, consultation and facilitation;
– Transfers of know-how and experience