Sectors: Co-op & Development, Environment, Health, Humanitarian, Local development, Public Management, Services, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims to improve the living conditions of the population of the five Niger Delta States by enhancing access to safe, adequate, and sustainable water supply, sanitation and hygiene services aiming to provide support for the peace process, conflict prevention and local governance.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve access to sustainable water supply, sanitation and hygiene services delivery in urban areas and small towns of the five Niger Delta States of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and Rivers and to mitigate environmental pollution and poor water quality in the Niger Delta region
1. Innovation and Public and Non-Public sector involvement/leverage
– Covering innovative approaches to leverage public and non-public sector financing in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector
– Ensuring long-term sustainability of the schemes
– Enhancing transparency and value for money in the provision of sustainable safe drinking water supply, adequate sanitation and proper hygiene services
– Mitigating environmental pollution and poor water quality in the Niger Delta region
2. Coherence and alignment
– Ensuring coherence and alignment of the activities with the proposed institutional reforms and regulatory framework in the sector and in the NDSP States
3. Replication and Scaling-up
– Demonstrating innovative approaches that show most promising prospects for long-term economic viability and sustainability and that have the potential for successful replication, adaptation and scaling-up
This call for proposals is divided into 2 lots
– LOT 1: Innovative approaches to sustainable access to improved water supply and basic sanitation services delivery, and proper hygiene practices (147 000 000 NAIRA)
– LOT 2: Addressing environmental pollution and poor water quality challenges in the Niger Delta States and implementing suitable solutions (63 000 000 NAIRA)