Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Employment, Environment, Local development, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDF – “Organisation of civil society-Local autorities” – Angola – 2020
Funds for: strengthening the intervention of CSOs in the formulation, implementation and dissemination of inclusive initiatives, in areas facing environmental challenges, in urban spaces, with emphasis on the protection of the most vulnerable
Priorities and funded actions:
* At national and local level: strengthening the intervention of CSOs and LAs to contribute to good governance, good management of natural resources, sustainable development and improvement of the socio-economic conditions of women and young people and other more vulnerable groups (people with disabilities and ethnic minorities);
* Increase, at local and national level, network actions with public and private actors to incorporate more efficient production models in favor of the environment into the Angolan economy, with activities based on the reduction, reuse, recovery and recycling of materials and energy.
* Priority 1: Highlight, at the national level: the strengthening of CSOs and LAs to contribute to good governance and the development process;
* Priority 2: Strengthen, at regional and global levels, CSO networks and LA associations;
* Priority 3: Develop and support education and initiatives to promote and strengthen awareness and mobilization of citizens for development.
Among financed actions
* Dissemination of information on environmental policies in accessible formats; visits to schools and youth organizations, participation of community groups;
* Dissemination of scientific information on the risks linked to climate change and local contamination;
* Organization of public debates and consultations: organization of large-scale public events that promote a continuous process of absorption and recycling
* Development of systems of indicators and examples of good practices for monitoring performance: carrying out activities for a “greener” economy that ensures economic development, improvement of living and employment conditions, as well as regeneration of “natural capital”;
* Collection and processing of information for subsequent presentation and dialogue with the competent authorities: collaboration with the Angolan government and the National Assembly’s environment committee to ensure compliance with the commitments of the Paris Agreement;
* Preparation and presentation of concrete proposals that ensure work with groups of consumers and companies to minimize material consumption and energy loss;
* Advocacy and lobbying actions to promote communication campaigns to protect the environment and fight against climate change with wide coverage throughout the national territory, using radio, television and other highly visible media – panels display, etc. ;
* Creation of networks / forums and dialogue mechanisms to promote a network of environmental activists: actors to raise awareness of the necessary protection of natural ecosystems in Angola, with private and public organizations managing long-term resources (fauna and flora); fight against illegal fishing activities and marine contamination which threaten the replacement of populations and endanger the nutritional health / a balanced diet of consumers;
* Initiate actions and actions to consolidate the basic skills for planning and carrying out ecosystem restoration and material recovery activities.
* Training activities and / or staff development activities for applicants and their co-applicants may be included in the budget and should be considered for funding.
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. As a first step, only Concept Notes (Part A of the grant application form) must be submitted for evaluation. Subsequently, principal applicants who have been shortlisted will be invited to submit full grant applications. After the evaluation of the latter, the completed applications selected provisionally will be subject to an eligibility check. The verification will be carried out on the basis of the supporting documents requested by the contracting authority and the “declaration by the lead applicant” signed and sent with the duly completed grant application.
* Initial duration of the action: From 36 to 48 months
– Be a legal person or an entity without legal personality or a natural person
– Not to have a profit
– Be a specific type of organization, such as: non-governmental organization, organizations representing the private sector and associations or chambers of commerce (non-profit), public sector operator, international organization, within the meaning of article 156 of the EU financial regulation;
– Be established in Angola or in a member state of the European Union, or in the United Kingdom or in a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA)
– Be directly responsible, with his (her) co-applicant (s) and affiliated entity (ies), for the preparation and management of the action and not to act as intermediaries.
– Other organizations or individuals can participate in the action. These organizations play an effective role in the action but cannot benefit from any funding from the grant, with the exception of daily subsistence allowances and travel expenses. Associated organizations are not required to meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in point 2.1.1. Associated organizations must be mentioned in part B, section 6 – “Associated organizations participating in the action” – of the grant application form.