Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Gender equality, Human Rights, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Burkina Faso
* Other third countries
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EDF – PACE – Strengthening CSO umbrella organisations, democratic control of the executive and citizen monitoring, women’s participation in political life – 2020
Funds for: strengthening democratic oversight of the executive by the National Assembly and civil society and the participation of women in political life.
Priorities and funded actions:
* Lot 1: Strengthen CSO umbrella organizations and networks in terms of legitimacy and capacity to assume their responsibilities for coordination, consultation, accountability and dialogue;
* Lot 2: Support CSOs specialized in citizen control and monitoring (security and mining sectors) and fight against petty corruption at the national and local levels;
* Lot 3: Improving the position of women at the political, economic and social level, including strengthening exchanges with the National Assembly and other State bodies
* ODD 16: Peace Justice and Effective Institutions ;
* ODD 1: No Poverty;
* ODD 5: Gender Equality;
* Contribute to strengthening the control of the executive by a better involvement and participation of umbrella organizations and CSOs in the elaboration, steering, follow-up and monitoring of public policies as well as by participation in the sectoral dialogue frameworks of the PNDES;
* Promote the taking into account of gender in public policies and an improvement of the position of women in elected bodies and high public administration;
* To take into account existing interventions in the areas of democratic control of the executive by civil society and women’s participation in political life, and to work in synergy with the other actors present in the areas of intervention, for a complementarity of actions;
* Support the executive in monitoring the actions and reforms contained in EU budget support programmes, particularly in the sectors of security, the advancement of women and the mobilisation of national resources, etc. * Support the executive in monitoring the actions and reforms contained in EU budget support programmes, particularly in the sectors of security, the advancement of women and the mobilisation of national resources, etc. ;
* Promote good practice, innovative, effective and context-specific actions;
* Bringing the right messages to the grassroots population through the CSO network, on issues of accountability and citizen control in the themes of the call for proposals and on women’s civic participation;
* Work in collaboration with national and local authorities (including local communities) and involve them in monitoring the implementation of projects, particularly in areas affected by insecurity;
* Present specific activities aimed at each target in the proposals;
* Provide for a capitalisation of the actions carried out and ensure participation in the national consultation frameworks on the themes concerned. Successful applicants must ensure their participation in the monitoring and follow-up mechanisms organised under the programme
Among financed actions
* Lot 1
– Capacity-building actions for local CSO, members of umbrella organizations and platforms;
– Communication, awareness-raising and dissemination of information to umbrella and platform members at central and local levels and to the general public;
* Lot 2
– Citizen monitoring and control actions in the fields of security, mines and the fight against corruption (including petty corruption in national and local public services);
– Citizen monitoring and control of the fight against corruption in public procurement in areas affected by insecurity.
– Promotion of partnership and coordination between actors and stakeholders in the security, mining and anti-corruption sectors;
* Lot 3
– Actions aimed at increasing the participation of women in national and local political life and improving the representation of women in positions of responsibility in the public administration of Burkina Faso;
– Specific actions aimed at young people and women to improve their participation and integration in citizen control movements and in the monitoring of public policies ;
– Promotion of women’s civic and political commitment with a view to the 2020 and 2021 elections
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 30 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit;
– Be a non-governmental organisatio as defined in Article 156 of the Financial Regulation of the European Union;
– Be established in Burkina Faso and/or in an eligible third country, where in the latter case the statutes are registered locally and/or a memorandum of understanding has been concluded;
– Have an official representation in Burkina Faso with permanent staff;
– Prove that it has regularly carried out activities in the field of the lot for which the proposal has been submitted for a period of more than 2 years
* Actions must be implemented in Burkina Faso