Sectors: Citizenship, Information, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
African – Caribbean – Pacific: Congo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to promote governance in consultation with organizations of the civil society. Their involvement in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of public policies must ensure the inclusion of the population’s needs and the promotion of dialogue between the different actors involved in the development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen capacities of civil society concerning dialogue and consultation
– To strengthen analytical, monitoring and control, advocacy skills in the context of public policies
– To strengthen information and communication skills
– Identification and diagnosis of stakeholders and their needs
– Identification and diagnosis of the intervention area concerned
– Integration of the project within a strategic framework
– Actor approach based on a large consortium in a shared dimension
This call for proposals is divided into several lots
Lot 1: Actions covering the consolidation of the consultation method and dialogue among organisations of the civil society and the enhancement of the internal gouvernance (1 600 000 euro)
Lot :2: Actions strengthening the capacity of civil society in policy analysis, advocacy, monitoring and citizen control (1 400 000 euro)
Lot 3: Actions promoting the access of civil society organisations to information and to the sharing of information (800 000 euro)
Among financed actions
– Launch of studies and analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the main existing dialogue frameworks
– Capitalisation of experiences and mapping
– Meeting with the heads of major existing frameworks
– Establishment of guidelines for strengthening the quality of dialogue
– Establishment of mechanisms for accountability and restitution results
– Identification and development of successful expertise in policy analysis, advocacy and citizen control
– Establishment of trainings in order to enhance skills of civil society in networking, partnership or advocacy, monitoring mechanism and citizen control
– Organisation of workshops and exchange spaces on the missions and roles of civil society mechanismsconcerning the collaboration between civil society and the state
– Capitalisation and dissemination of good practices concerning information and communication