Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen participatory and accountable governance in Zimbabwe in order to contribute to economic recovery, democratisation, peace and stability.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the role of civil society, including those organisations addressing gender equality, and the rights of marginalised groups, in the promotion of transparency, good governance and accountability, including internal accountability, enabling them to meaningfully participate in policy dialogue;
– To strengthen Civil Society’s watchdog role in the implementation of the National Indicative Programme (NIP) focal sectors of governance and institution building, health and agriculture-based economic development for improved, accountable and effective development outcomes as well as sustainability.
– Enhance the technical, financial and administrative capacity of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs);
– Support a conducive and enabling environment for civil society and youth engagement and participation in national and community development through an improved legal framework;
– Enhance CSO capacity to play an effective role as a development actor by strengthening CSOs and umbrella organisations’ coordination amongst themselves, with policy makers and development partners for effective participation in policy dialogue and improved capacity to hold government accountable at all levels;
– Strengthen CSOs ability to monitor and document the implementation of the NIP and to hold government and EU accountable for its implementation.
Among financed actions
– Support capacity building initiatives targeting networks and platforms, including building expertise on thematic areas. Gender to be mainstreamed in all capacity building initiatives;
– Developing position papers, policy documents and briefs;
– Facilitating platforms for dialogue amongst and between CSOs and other stakeholders.